Monday, September 26, 2011

Eating my veggies

I need to eat more vegetables, so this morning I added onions, orange peppers and tomatoes to my scrambled eggs, and then I had a plant-based meal drink.  For lunch, a salad.  Dinner was a healthy version of tamale pie with lots and lots of chopped vegetables, tomatoes, turkey a little cheese and polenta.  The thing is, by starting my morning with vegetables my dietary mindset was changed for the day so that I wanted to keep eating healthy things.  

So it is with God's Word.  If I read The Word in the morning and spend some time meditating and praying, all day I have an eternal mindset and am better prepared for the trials and temptations of the day.

 1 Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 [a]fixing our eyes on Jesus, the [b]author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think