Monday, September 26, 2011

New Beginnings

Last Thursday I emailed my resignation to my boss, his boss, and to HR.  I chose to outline all the reasons I was leaving so that it would be on record with HR.  I have never been so disgruntled as to burn bridges, but after being treated like someone's harlot it was important to me to lay out the facts.  I think my dear HR friend appreciated it, even if my boss, not surprisingly, did not.  The good news is that they let me go on Friday with the 30 days pay for the notice I had given.  Amen.  

As it turns out, they would have let one of our new grads go on Friday, as they did with one of the Occupational Therapists, had I not resigned.  I saved her job...for now.  They are cutting staff.  This is a good thing since they keep making people stay home when the census is low.  

The beautiful thing is that I already have a job lined up, and I have to leave in a few minutes to go do new hire paperwork.  I didn't plan on needing to return to home health, but at least I can practice in a safe, ethical setting and take care of my kids and home more easily.  

So now I go, looking forward to the badly needed extra pay that will come to me this Friday from the old job and to the new things God has ahead that He has orchestrated, as He did this job.  Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think